Thursday, August 26, 2010

What's the point?

Hey there!
So what am I doing here? What is this blog all about?
Let's start by saying that I'm not a gamer; never was. But I married a game-lover that got a job with video-games...

Diego, my dear husband, works for Microsoft Game Studios (MGS), with the online games for Xbox. That said, he "has" to play as many games (both from the Xbox and from the PlayStation) as he can to know what it's going on in the industry and to be able to share his opinions about what he thinks would be nice to have in a new game and what he thinks is not a good idea...

And what do I have to do with all that?!
First of all: he plays at home, so I pretty much have to watch him playing since he plays almost every night after work.
Second: most of these games have a multi-player mode that he wants to try.
Third: MGS  is trying to broaden its costumer base. Lets face it, who plays games? Yong men for the most part.  Since the Wii they realized that there are more people in the world!  Wow! 

Anyways, after 6 months of watching him playing a few hours a day I ended up getting used to the idea of it. Xbox games became my new "favorite" tv shows. We even canceled cable! 
And why does he want me to at least watch? To give him the perspective of a person that definitely doesn't care (not to mention the fear of that gigantic control with a gazillion buttons) about games.  And I really fit in this category!  It took me 4 months to give up and let him teach me how to turn the "thing" on and off... 
So now that I actually know how to use the control I started playing a few games with him (and for my surprise I found myself enjoying it the other day!).

My intention with this blog is to give a non-gamer point of view of some games.
I hope it gives some perspective to those like me, that had their loved ones "stolen" by the game industry, and maybe even helps you enjoy yourself more while they (or both of you!) play.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, you will become in a legend in the world of wives! I love it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loved the idea of this blog, Lu! I'll keep reading it! :)

    ReplyDelete