Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halo Reach (Xbox)

Ok, so what's with all these "Halo" games?...
You can find quite a few tittles with Halo in it and yes, they are all related to the same game/story.

But why so many and what is each one about?
They are all parts of the same story. Like chapters of a book.

Diego never played the first 2 parts of the saga, but I'll have posts for Halo 3 and Halo ODST soon.
For now let's just focus on what this one is about.

Halo Reach tells the story before the story (yes, the 5th game finally tells the story before the 1st... Who gets that?!).
It tells how it all started, when and in which world the it all happens.

Now, let's talk about what really matter to us here: should I let my partner buy this game?  :P

Well, if you ever watched another Halo game, you know the answer...  In my opinion, the are all the same.  Shooting, dying, re-spawning, shooting, dying...  You got the idea, right?

I like the internet mode, where he can play short rounds and talk to real people. The idea of watching him play the very same section 20 times until he kills that one monster is not exciting at all.
But that is just me...

The soundtrack is not bad, but it's intense. Diego has been playing for a while now and I didn't notice the soundtrack until he mentioned (which, in my opinion is why it's not bad. If it was, I would be really annoyed in the first minute).

The visuals are the same as the others. I think they did a good job and it's one of those games that even though they move a lot, I don't get dizzy (which is always something to consider when you'll be just watching. Some games do make me really dizzy).

Pros: if you've seen it before, you know what to expect.
Cons: it's more of the same.

Wife score: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment