Sunday, November 14, 2010

Call of Duty: Black OPS (Xbox)

I don't really know the story behind this series, but I have to say I already don't like it...
The graphics are bad (comparing to other games like this - i.e. Halo 3), after over an hour of watching I couldn't get the story, it looks like there isn't much strategy involved (they are always telling you what to do), the shooting is non-stop and I couldn't figure out who were enemies and who were allies (not only me. Diego also took some time to figure that out!)...

 

Watching the game was definitely a duty for me. I was not enjoying it at all. At other times I'd have left the room in just a (very) few minutes.
The story goes back and forth all the time... There is a bit of story in between almost every mission! And sometimes the screen turns completely white for a while and it is very uncomfortable when your are in a dark room paying attention to a dark screen and out of nowhere it turns all white. That's a lot of light! I bet it's bad for the eyes...

One interesting thing though is that you have full control over the sounds. It means that you can lower the soundtrack to hear more of the shooting/explosions, you can lower the explosions to hear more of the soundtrack, you can lower everything but the voices to hear what the are talking, and so on.  The game even has a feature that makes everything more even (no up and down in the volume).

Pros: full sound control.
Cons: really annoying to watch.

Wife score: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment