Saturday, November 6, 2010

Update: Kinect (Accessory for Xbox)

After using it a bit more I can give you all a better insight (less excitement, more information) on the new Kinect.

As for what you can do with it:
- Control the Xbox using voice or gesture. No need to use a controller from the beginning (I tried turning it on by myself for the 1st time today, and it worked!);
- Access your Zune Pass (listen to music, watch tv and movies, watch music videos, etc);
- Chat with friends all over the world. A nice thing to point out is that the camera follows you as you walk around the room and zooms in/out to keep a good view of you;
- You have access and control of ESPN channel on your Xbox.

Is it easy to use the voice-control and the gesture-control?
Yes. You have to speak loud and clear, but it worked every time I gave a command. As for the gestures, the simple process of calibration and sing-in are enough for you to get a hand of it.

Is it weird and fun to use them?
It's darn cool! I felt so in the future being at my desk working on my computer and telling (literally) the tv to go to the next song on my play-list.

At the end of the day, I can say I had a great time. Turning the Xbox on by myself is something I never thought I would do.  I have Kinetc to thank (or blame) for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment